Non-Payment Evictions

A landlord may generally bring two types of legal actions to quickly recover possession of a property – a holdover proceeding or a nonpayment eviction proceeding.  These types of cases are called “summary proceedings.”  A landlord can bring a summary proceeding if a tenant continues in possession of a property after the expiration of a lease term (holder proceeding) or fails to timely pay rent or other charges (nonpayment proceeding), among other reasons.  Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may have legal defenses that can prevent your landlord from evicting you in either a holdover or nonpayment proceeding.

The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.  Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information and should not be relied on as legal advice. 

Certain information provided on this website may constitute Attorney Advertisements.